XDCAM HD Deck
We provide video equipment rental - This Sony professional deck has been designed to provide the very best features at the very best price - there's no need to compromise on quality, functionality or results!The Sony PDW-F1600 is an XDCAM HD422 recorder and player. Built upon blue laser technology, the XDCAM HD line of products takes advantage of non-linear workflow, while keeping the same archiving infrastructure professionals are accustomed to with tape-based formats. The player is ideal for transferring footage into non-linear workstations.
- Non-Linear Scene Selection
- Possibly the greatest attribute of working with non-linear optical recording is the ability to access scenes independently. This along with multiple viewing options makes XDCAM HD extremely powerful, increasing post-production efficiency. Sony's thumbnail scene selection tool makes looking for shots a breeze. Using the on board LCD, simply cycle through the list of clips to find what you need.
- Up and Downconversion
- Either convert DVCAM to MPEG HD or vice-versa, and output them via the HD analog component input connection. Upconversion gives users the ability to migrate existing SD footage to HD; This can be a valuable "insurance policy" for clients that might request older standard definition projects in HD. Downconversion can be useful as well, especially for mastering tapes to broadcast-ready standards or in the instance where it's undesirable to distribute your HD masters.
- Proxy Browsing
- Proxy Browsing refers to Sony's included Proxy software program from PC workstations. The software connects via i.LINK or Ethernet interfaces, and features easy access to clips. Search by metadata settings and make simple cuts. The cuts are saved as a "Clip List" and stored back on the disc. This function is powerful for streamlining the editing process during short deadlines. Proxy data can be accessed up to 20x real-time, making the process incredibly efficient.
- Expand Function
- The player allows easy access to longer clips by dividing them into 12 smaller, more manageable ones. The beginning of each division is shown as a thumbnail and enables quick viewing through longer shots. This feature is great for quick access to time-critical footage and can be especially helpful for news gathering where
Real-time SD output
Even when recording in MPEG HD, the PDW-F75 outputs a real-time SD signal via SDI, i.LINK DV out and composite out, further enhancing versatility and operational compatibility (e.g. with monitors or recording equipment on location.)
Quick and Slow Motion Support
The PDW-F75 fully supports the Over/Undercranking feature of the PDW-F355 and will play back this content.
HD 1080 Recording at Selectable Frame & Bit Rates
XDCAM HD products can record video signals in 1080/59.94i, 50i, 29.97P, 25P and native 23.98P - using a "MPEG HD" codec with industry standard MPEG-2 MP@HL compression. The user can also select the following bit rates; 35, 25 or 18Mb/s depending on picture quality and recording length requirements. Choosing the highest bit rate of 35Mb/s results in a recording time of approximately 145 minutes, while choosing 18Mb/s provides a recording time of approximately 248 minutes. MPEG HD images are recorded at 1440x1080 pixels with 4:2:0 sampling.
High-quality Audio Recording
XDCAM HD products can record two or four-channel, 16-bit, 48-kHz uncompressed (Linear PCM) audio - delivering high sound quality.
File-based Disc Recording
Because the XDCAM system records video and audio as IT-type files rather than a linear AV stream, XDCAM HD products offer a range of powerful benefits.
* Instant random access to content
* Automatic recording onto empty disc space (no need to worry about overwriting valuable content)
* Easy integration into other IT-based equipment such as Non-Linear Editing and
* Archiving Systems
* Advanced network-based workflow via i.LINK FAM (File Access Mode) or Ethernet
* High Speed File Transfer.
Advanced Scene Selection Functionality
The PDW-F75's 16:9 colour LCD displays enables easy access to advanced XDCAM features. For example, a thumbnail display provides immediate access to detailed metadata or key scenes (selected automatically and/or manually) for quickly reviewing content on site. You can also perform simple cuts-only editing on the deck itself.
Analogue-like Jog Audio
One of the most popular feature